November 17, 2005

Blogs: 5 Personalities of a blogger

I came across an interesting article about blogging personalities written by Sheila Ann Manuel Coggins . Here is a clip of her article (to view the whole article, visit her website).

Let's explore the 5 personalities of a blogger...
1. The Pundit - You like to blog about a specific topic of interest that you are passionate about from business, politics, technology, law, education, entertainment, to literature. You blog regularly and you welcome relevant discussions about your topic. You have a constant thirst for knowledge.

2. The Artist - Your blog captures the way you see the world. You love images more than words. Blogging only makes sense to you if there are photos or pictures - either of daily life, special people, memorable events, or works of art.

3. The Writer - Words captivate you. And, you like to capture words. Blogging enables you to write often. It also provides a place for you to share what you write with a reading public. You can be funny, inspiring, intelligent, cynical, or morbid. It doesn't matter what you write about in your blog. It only matters that you write.

4. The Daily Grinder - You love blogging because it's like therapy. You can write about anything and everything that happens to you - from the food you ate to what you were doing when you heard the latest 'breaking news.' Being able to communicate with your friends (online and/or real life) through your blog is important to you.

5. The Patchworker - Blogging is a way for you to comment on and consolidate news, current events, useful resources, and other relevant matters. In your blog entries, you usually add links to other people's blogs or websites with original content instead of writing your own.


So What's your blogging personality?

I am most like the PUNDIT with a little bit of the Patchworker. I use blogs as a medium for not only communicating my ideas, but seeking information from my community and the business world. In addition, I enjoy reading what others have to offer because it provides me with a new prospective. Perhaps something that I did not think of. Blogs keep me up to date with the business world, enable me to communicate with the world, and provides a space to voice my opinions.

1 Comments:

At 11/18/2005, Blogger Jeremiah Owyang said...

I would consider myself a Pundit as well. Interesting find, well thought out personas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home